Effective Date: July 27, 2018
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Personal Data is defined in this policy as information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
During our registration, the only information we may ask you to provide about a child who will be using our services is the child’s first name (or nickname), birth month and year, and gender.
Because the security of your personal information is important to us, we only ask for Personal Data where it is reasonably necessary to provide our services. We may collect Personal Data only that parents voluntarily provide. We also use commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures designed to safeguard all information collected by the Services.
- We do not collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. Any child under the age of 13 using our services must do so with permission from a parent. All full names, email addresses, and credit card billing information must be from a parent or guardian.
- We do not disclose the Personal Data of any Child User to third parties for any marketing or promotional purposes.
- We do not include any pop-up ads or other advertisements in our services directed to children.
- We will never sell or rent the Personal Data of any User of Our Services to a third party.
We encourage parents to take an active role in their children’s activities and interests on their devices. When registering your child with our services, we may ask a series of general questions including your child’s age, interests, and gender. This information is used to customize content to your child’s age and interests. We do not use or disclose this information for any other purposes except to provide you with quality service. Any data that is shared is done so on an anonymous, aggregate basis among all users.
The non-personal data doesn’t directly identify an individual or which may have been personal information but has had the personally identifiable information removed. We may collect non-personal information about the use of the website and apps to help us improve our services and to provide progress reports to parents.
We collect personal data when a parent subscribes to a newsletter or alert, submits content to a forum or blog, or requests technical support. This data may include a name (screen or nickname), gender, birth date, and email address. This information may be used to contact parents about new services, features, reports and to send push notifications if consent to receive them has been given. If you contact us for help, we will only use your email address to reply to your question.
Please note that if a parent posts personal information about themselves in a community forum or blog in the parent section, in addition to being collected, this data is made public for others to see. The parent is responsible for the disclosure of any such data in those forums.
HOW WE USE THE DATA
We and our third-party service providers may use the information collected from Users as follows:
Adult User Data
Information collected from Adult Users may be used:
- To permit you to register and use our services, including, for example, to send you communications about Child User progress or your Account, or to allow you to provide feedback or recommendation through the Parent Section.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, retrieve your account or password, or provide technical support.
- For Consumer and Other Accounts, to send you marketing communications of our services that we believe may be of interest to you. While it is never our intention to send any marketing messages to children, if you believe a Child User has received such a marketing communication, please contact us.
- To measure the effectiveness of our advertising to adults.
Child User Data
Information collected from Child Users may be used:
- To measure a Child User’s performance in activities and to adapt a Child User’s learning experience to the Child User’s learning needs.
- To analyze, provide progress reports on, or provide an assessment of a Child User’s performance to the Adult User on the Account.
Adult & Child User Data
Information collected from both Adult and Child Users may be used:
- To allow us to assess and improve our services, its educational or developing content, and other services we provide, for example, to improve our content and user experience; to research, evaluate, and improve our services’ educational efficacy; and to inform our understanding of our services’ user base.
- To customize, adapt, and personalize Users’ viewing and content-consumption experience, for example, by measuring a Child User’s performance in activities and adapting the Child User’s learning path to his or her learning needs.
- To maintain and analyze the functioning of the Services.
- We also may disclose de-identified and/or aggregated User information for any other purpose as permissible by applicable law—for example, the distribution of de-identified user records to outside researchers or the distribution of reports containing aggregate user demographics and traffic patterns—provided that no individual Adult User or Child User or any specific end-user device can be readily identified.
We may include links to third parties from our website or services. Age of Kids isn’t responsible for these companies and including a link to them doesn’t mean that Age of Kids endorses them. So be sure to check their privacy policies if you decide to visit them. Moreover, remember, your use of Age of Kids’ sites and services may also be subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of other services that Age of Kids doesn’t control such as mobile application stores, mobile software platforms, online social media sites, or payment processors.
We use generally accepted security measures and safeguards in an attempt to keep the data it collects secure and requires that the third parties it works with agreeing to do the same. The measures and safeguards include limiting access to the data for those persons who need it to complete their work for our services, using a firewall-protected environment, and storing personal information in secure operating environments. That said, Age of Kids cannot and does not guarantee and does not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS
We collect minimal personal data from parents who wish to provide it, and some non-personal data for internal use only or in conjunction with third parties to help us operate, analyze, and improve our sites and services. In addition, we may disclose your personal or nonpersonal information to additional parties if we believe we are required to by law, by a judicial proceeding, to protect Age of Kids’ rights and properties, or to investigate fraud, intellectual property infringement, and any other conduct that might be illegal or expose Age of Kids or a user of its services to legal liability.